Finding Justice In Islam!
Sequel To –
More articles here – http://www.majidall.com
Allah God spoke to His Messenger (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) in this manner:
“O My slaves, I have forbidden injustice for Myself and forbade it also for you. So avoid being unjust to one another.” (Saheeh Muslim)
Thus, justice represents moral rectitude and fairness, since it means things should be where they belong.
The Importance of Justice
The Quran, the sacred scripture of Islam, considers justice to be a supreme virtue. It is a basic objective of Islam to the degree that it stands next in order of priority to belief in God’s exclusive right to worship (Tawheed) and the truth of Muhammad’s (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) prophethood. God declares in the Quran:
“God commands justice and fair dealing…” (Quran 16:90)
Prophet Muhammad underscored the importance of rulers being just in one of his famous sayings.
“There are seven categories of people whom Allah will shelter under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His. (One will be) a just leader.” (Saheeh Muslim)
The Qur’an warns believers against subjective factors or personal emotions leading them to deviate from the path of justice, which is also the path of Islam, but it weighs heavily upon those who are required to adjudicate in disputes or to give judgment on other issues.
“O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah and be just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: That is nearer to piety, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Well-Acquainted with what you do.” (Al-Maidah: 8)
Muslims are also called upon to rise above social evils such as nepotism and favoritism. Almighty Allah says in the Qur’an,
“O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allah is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allah is Ever Well-Acquainted with what you do.” (Al-Nisa: 135)
Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) reports that_
_Rasoolullah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said:_
“Whoever has oppressed another person concerning his reputation/honour or anything else should seek to be absolved by him before [the day when] there will be neither Dinaar nor Dirham _[there will be no money on the day of Qiyaamah to pay for any oppression committed]_
If he [the oppressor] has good deeds, they will be taken from him to balance the injustice he did,
and if he does not have any good actions, the bad deeds of [the oppressed] will be loaded onto him.”
*(Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 2449)*
Prophet Nabii Daud RA (David) PBUH
(Justice in Islam)!
20 We made his kingdom strong and gave him Al-Hikmah (Prophethood, etc.) and sound judgement in speech and decision.
- And has the news of the litigants reached you? When they climbed over the wall into (his) Mihrab (a praying place or a private room,).
- When they entered in upon Dawud (David), he was terrified of them, they said: “Fear not! (We are) two litigants, one of whom has wronged the other, therefore judge between us with truth, and treat us not with injustice, and guide us to the Right Way.
- Verily, this my brother (in religion) has ninety nine ewes, while I have (only) one ewe, and he says: “Hand it over to me, and he overpowered me in speech.”
- [Dawud (David)] said (immediately without listening to the opponent): “He has wronged you in demanding your ewe in addition to his ewes. And, verily, many partners oppress one another, except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and they are few.” And Dawud (David) guessed that We have tried him and he sought Forgiveness of his Lord, and he fell down prostrate and turned (to Allah) in repentance.
- So We forgave him that, and verily, for him is a near access to Us, and a good place of (final) return (Paradise).
- O Dawud (David)! Verily! We have placed you as a successor on earth, so judge you between men in truth (and justice) and follow not your desire for it will mislead you from the Path of Allah. Verily! Those who wander astray from the Path of Allah (shall) have a severe torment, because they forgot the Day of Reckoning.
The Suppression of Ideas!
Am I Victim????
The suppression of ideas, thought and intellectual effort is a major sin. We will’ never allow anyone to suppress freedom of thought. I do not wish to go into detail about this. However, I know that there are people who call for the suppression of thought.
Ideas cannot be suppressed. Our Religion stands for ideas and the intellect not the suppression of thought. Never. Our religion is tolerant, ethical and receptive to ideas. Every verse of the Glorious Quran calls for thinking, cogitation, etc. It does not call for narrow-mindedness, mental inertia and blindly going with the flow!
Address by His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said to the students on opening of Sultan Qaboos University
On increasing (Dhulum) your property by Riba Interest!
The Holy Quran 30.39 Surah AR Ruum
That which ye give in usury in order that it may increase on (other) people’s property hath no increase with Allah; but that which ye give in charity, seeking Allah’s Countenance, hath increase manifold.
By Yusuf Ali
That which ye lay out for increase through the property of (other) people, will have no increase with Allah: but that which ye lay out for charity, seeking the Countenance of Allah, (will increase): it is these who will get a recompense multiplied.
وَمَآ ءَاتَيْتُم مِّن رِّبًا لِّيَرْبُوَا۟ فِىٓ أَمْوَٰلِ ٱلنَّاسِ فَلَا يَرْبُوا۟ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ ۖ وَمَآ ءَاتَيْتُم مِّن زَكَوٰةٍ تُرِيدُونَ وَجْهَ ٱللَّهِ فَأُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ هُمُ ٱلْمُضْعِفُونَ
PLEASE PUT ALSO IN THE ARABIC MEDIA!!
PLEASE PUT ALSO IN ARABIC MEDIA FOR ME! ALLAH MAAKUM!