Please Note – Posted Also At: –
My New Website – www.majidwrite.com
And also at – www.majidall.com
For Wednesday – November 20th 2013.
Between Us Only!
The Incorrigibles (In)Corruptible!
Incorrigible – means somebody or something that is impossible or very difficult to control, correct or reform
Incorruptible – means not to be bought – not open to bribery – honorable – honest and morally upright
- Allah cursed the one who pays a bribe, the one who takes it and the mediator between the two – The Islamic Hadith
- The son of Adam will not pass away from Allah until he is asked about five things: how he lived his life, and how he utilized his youth, how did he earn his wealth, how did he spend his wealth, and what did he do with his knowledge – Tirmidhi
- I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet – Ghandi
Images Corruption – For Demonstration Purposes Only!
Images Corruption – For Demonstration Purposes Only!
There is a running commentary about a certain place also notorious for bribery and corruption that it starts from the moment you board their national airline to the time you check out from your hotel and return – and that it is always advisable to carry small denominations of foreign currencies – especially USA Dollars – the preferred one – to give out. This is in order to avoid unnecessary hassles – whether real or created – and woe to you if you wish not to engage! Everybody is in corruption – and everybody gives corruption – even if needed or not!
Frankly, I have always suspected that there was some ‘measured levels’ of corruption – most of it implied and hidden – but it was a real shocker to me to find it ‘real and live’ when I had my Consultancy a decade back. I wrote about these things before some years back – and you can find my previous articles here. This is in response to those that have been asking me why I do not write on the subject – like others have done?
Images Corruption – For Demonstration Purposes Only
You see the point is – even if I do – nobody pays attention or read what I write – even if it is worthwhile causes like Road Safety Awareness – where people outside were ready to invest to propagate my book Being The Safe Driver! – if I could chip in US Dollars 5000 – 50% – and they would contribute the rest – to see the message and theme propagated in all the US Television channels in the format of video marketing advertising! I do not know if it is a question of bribery – or that I am just unlucky! Anyway, the titles are there – in my books and in my columns – written over 2 years ago – Being Exemplary In Life! – How Rich Can One Get? – Are You looking For A Bribe? – Taking The High Road! – Investigative Reporting! – Some Will Never Change! and Can You Buy Respects?
- When rich villains have need of poor ones, poor ones may make what price they will – Shakespeare
- The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference – Bess Myerson
Our Late Father always used to lecture us – Do not take anything that does not belong to you – and avoid temptations – living beyond your means – and going for bribery and corruption – even if it is offered to you! Deny – and refuse vehemently! I was watching Al Jazeera Television and it showed – in one of its programmes – of a certain place where if somebody needed a favour from you and came with a bribe – and you denied them – then you were easily targeted for annihilation and destruction in the format of a suicide bomber! That is how serious bribery and corruption has become as one of the major social, domestic, economic and political anathema and disease there!
I remember one of the Contractors I used to deal with long time back lamenting to me – I have high respects and esteem for you – but either you are a naive person – or stupid (not said loud!) – and designated to remain always poor in life! How poetic and right he was – but I prefer to be this way only. If you have time – feel free to go through my articles mentioned above – as there is no point in re-inventing the wheel – just to fill in the number of words required for the article!
The real thing that has to be said here is that you cannot pin corruption and bribery to a certain face or character that you will see in life! Sometimes it is a great shocker to find somebody with great features, outlooks and personalities – respectable and polite full gentlemanly – to be involved! It is always a betrayal – and Life Great Learner! Sometimes it is so sad – and unbelievable – but that is life anyway – and how the cookie crumbles!
Some More Sayings on Corruption: –
- Truly, Allah does not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.- The Holy Quran 13:11
- The eyes of the people are watching you! – Sierra Leone – Fight Against Corruption Banner
- Corruption is the abuse of entrusted power for private gain. It hurts everyone who depends on the integrity of people in a position of authority – Transparency International
- The difference between a corrupt and a honest person; the corrupt person has a price and the honest person has value – Neha
- It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it – Aung San Suu Kyi
- Absolute power corrupts – Famous
Happy National Day Greetings!
By Majid Al Suleimany