Flying Your Own Wings!
We have all heard about birds of a feather – fly together! But flying your own wings? It just means using just your own wings to fly – not depending on anyone else to fly – and doing it your way only!
- The birds fly – because they know they can – Anon
- A Successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him – David Brinkley
- You can succed if nobody else believes it, but you can never succeed if you don’t believe in yourself – William Boetcker
- Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do, then what one can do – Lin Yutang
- Everyday I wake up a little afraid. Only a fool is never afraid – Ron Meyer
- There are no coincidences in life. Everything is for a reason – Orchids and Thoughts
- Give to the world the best you have and the best will come back to you – Madeline Bridges
- Don’t expect life to be fair! – Orchids and Thoughts
- Sometime ago when I was in my lowest of depressions and frustrations in life – a good German friend of mine had sent me the following message – which I will share with you today! He just said – Quote – I must say that some of your mails hit the nail right on the head – and I really enjoyed reading them. Some have been too ‘emotional for the “German” Reader’. I don’t think that you should give up now! Why would you ever give up a passion?
If you marry a woman, you start loving her passionately, she is giving you the greatest gift a man can receive- kids, she is there for you as your wife, friend, advisor, mother, sister and not to forget as your passion. Can you imagine waking up one day and telling her: I don’t love you anymore passionately?
No, because passion is a value that you cannot loose or give up! Don’t give up writing. Take a break, take a deep breath and rediscover your passion. Love your passion as you did the first day, as passion is a part of you and you need it. Take care my friend! – Unquote.
A good Indian old friend of mine said the same words to me – which I will also share with you – Quote – In everyone’s life there are ups and downs, especially in a writer’s life. Many times people don’t take them seriously. Some may say writers are eccentric, others may say he is a rebel. Such adjectives are suffered by many Writers, such is the world of letters.
You will be remembered somewhere in the world sometime even after you are gone, when people happen to see your book and your name. As a friend my sincere advice is do not stop writing – and just do not give up now – out of all times! – Unquote.
In the Holy books, we have read of how even Great Prophets like our own Great Prophet (SAW) and Moses (Prophet Musa – RA) in few weak times of their lives went despondent and despairing – at one or other times in their lives. And then we have other Great Prophets like Jacob (Ayoub) and Joseph (Yousuf) – who suffered against great odds and trials in life – but did not give up faith in God always! Records and History books are full of other great men and women in life that went similar.
The Author and His Books
Although writing for me is my hobby – since I was 14 years old – my passion and the motive in keeping me going on in life – it was not my first ambition in life. I had always wanted to be a Pilot first and paramount – writing and journalism came a clear second! But I never knew I had eyes problems till when I wanted to join the Air Force in that distant land – for Pilots being trained in Canada.
I had ended – after my studies in UK – to join as a Human Resources Professional – in that oil company. The rest that happened after opting out for early retirement – going into a bust business – and what started as a weekly columnist 9 years ago to a full fletched author of five books – two being in Arab Management – and the 6th one near completion on Road Safety Stories (Novel Type) now! More details at my new website – www.majidalsuleimany.com
What started – as an ambition to be a Pilot – had ended up to be something else. I guess there are could be also retired – or still flying – Pilots out there – and who are now as avid Authors and Writers too! God – how I envy them – getting the best of two things that you really had wanted in life?
My pretty Indian Literature Lecturer in High School told me – a great Miss F from Goa – Life is like a stage!. Sometimes we are endowed with roles and characters that we had never aspired to. But the best thing that you can do – and a great credit to yourself – is to play that role well! You are very right – Miss F!
Happy 4th of July Greetings to the American fans. May Allah God Protect and Preserve us all – Amin Amen Take Care!
Majid Al Suleimany